Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Meet Mike and Deby

Many of you have heard us say we've teamed up with Mike and Deby, but most of you have no idea who we're talking about, so let me introduce you!

This is Mike. He's been a pastor and church planter for many years. He also worked with Reach America doing church revitalization consulting. Mike is the senior pastor of our new Garage Church. Mike is into motorcycles and cars. He spent last week teaching Dave a little about detailing cars. Mike introduced the vision for the restoration of Hot Springs.




And this is Deby. Deby is a school teacher and loves kids. She shares my new found interest in quilting too. Deby is really one of the coolest people I've ever met. She seems quiet and reserved when you first meet her, but when you get to know her, she's not what you'd expect. She's way fun to hang with and I love having her as my friend.
Deby also has the most powerful hand mixer I've ever used. The other night I was mixing up tea cakes at their house and the mixer grabbed my spatula and pulled it all the way through the beaters--and my fingers went with it! Needless to say, it knocked the bark off my index finger. I don't think anything is broken, but it sure is sore.

We have been spending a lot of time with Mike and Deby so that we can build our team even stronger. They are wonderful mentors to us, but even more--they are our friends!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pics and bios on Mike and Deby. Now I have faces to go with the names I keep hearing. The new design looks fantastic, by the way. Love you and pray for you every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love the new blog look, beats the old black and white for sure. Glad to see face with the names Mike and Deby. I know your work will be rewarding in the end. I pray several times throughout the day for you guys and the work you are doing. Luv you guys!

    ReplyDelete