Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Alive and Well (but definitely STIFF)

Whew! Moving is done. Truck unloaded, turned in, and paid for. You know Lad has been fretting about the apartment. Well, the apartment we got is not the one we looked at. It is so much better. Last week, we were praying that God would let us enjoy living so much closer to each other. Last night I told her, I really like this apartment better than I thought I would. And she agreed. I love little answered prayers like that. My wife has been such a great support and blessing in this whole move and transition to this point. I could not have asked for a better gift from God than her.
A few months ago, Mike and Deby Prince took us to a lookout point over Hot Springs and we prayed for this city. We want to see a city that has never really been under God's leadership restored to a Mighty, Awesome, Forgiving God. Then as we drove home, I remembered a song I had heard at teen camp and for me, it has been my theme song for this move.

You are God of this city. You are King of these people. You are Lord of this nation. You are.
You're the Light in this darkness. You're the Hope to the hopeless. You're the Peace to the restless. You are.

There is no one like our God.
For greater things have yet to come, and greater things are still to be done in this city.

Every time God answered another of our prayer requests (for job, housing, sold houses, bought houses, finances, timing, helpers, etc.) we would praise God for his plenteous blessings. Then I remembered the words. "Greater things have yet to come, and greater things are still to be done in this city."
And I would be overwhelmed by the reality that God was only letting us see a tiny part of what he could do. And the questions I was left with were these, "God if you can take care of these obstacles that I think are so impossible and you can still do greater things yet, what more will we see? What all can You do with the surrendered lives of 4 nobodies like us?" And I stand in awe as I realize, "There is no one like our God!"
I feel we are on the verge of something great. It has nothing at all to do with the people involved but with the God who is mighty to save a city and it's families. Can God still change WHOLE CITIES? (i.e. Ninevah) If that is to happen, Satan will notice. We need your prayers now, more than ever before.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for Hot Springs and the four "nobodies" God has brought together to serve there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ladonna, can't believe you are now so close to where we used to be in Little Rock, AR! Mysterious ways, huh? Praying for you that God opens doors and leads the way. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete