Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Just a little glimpse into our move!

I have gotten so many text messages from lots of you who are asking how our move is going. And honestly, I'm too tired to answer all of them. So I'm hoping that if you texted me, you'll read this and get an update.
What Dave said about the apartment is so true. It is so much better than the one she originally showed us. This one has a dining area, a laundry room (instead of open laundry closet, and a much larger kitchen. Apparently, this is the wheelchair accessible building, so doorways are wider and the floor plan more open. Let me tell you--that made moving in so much easier. All our stuff doesn't fit, but overall I'm super pleased. There is room in the kitchen/dining area for my pantry and my dining room table (minus any leaves). The balcony patio is large enough that my deep freezer fits out there with NO problem. Isn't God good to bless in these small areas!! They were affirmation that He really does take responsibility for me if I stay wholly devoted to Him.

Thank you to all of you who prayed for our move! It was very uneventful. One of our friends from our church in Mississippi came with us to help us move and he was such a blessing! There's no way we could have done what we did without him. We also had a guy from another local church show up to help. I've never seen a truck unloaded so quickly!
I took a couple of before and after pictures for you. I meant to take a picture of the apartment stacked to the ceiling with boxes, but I was too tired and apathy took over. Sorry! But I can show you the before and what it looks like right now. Hope to post lots of pictures now that we have high speed internet and can upload them in less than 6 hours. :).

This is the kitchen. It is twice the size of the kitchen in the other apartments. My pantry is on the other side of the refrigerator

This is the dining area. It is just off the kitchen.



And this is now. It is a mess! Boxes and stuff everywhere. At least we can find the floor in some areas. And it will be put together soon.

Stay tuned and in touch. I'll be posting more updates soon.

3 comments:

  1. Love the apartment. Can't see the lake from there, though. (He He He).

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, what a blessing from God that you have more space. It will look great once you put your loving touches to the decorating. God blesses as long as we do not stand in the way and put our trust in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read all the posts and got caught up on your last few weeks. When you are somewhat recuperated, I look forward to hearing more.

    Neill and Danielle have started their countdown to BABY! Her due date is the 17th but we are wondering if she will make it that long.

    Look forward to hearing more of your adventures.

    Love you both and praying for your needs.

    In Him,

    ReplyDelete