Friday, April 30, 2010

A few of our favorite places

As promised, some pics of mine and Dave's favorite places. When we first moved here, Mike and Deby took us for ice cream--at the King Kone. They have the BEST soft serve ice cream ever--for cheap! We learned last week that they are closed on Sundays, but I must say its worth waiting for. As a matter of fact, Dave and I went and got ice cream tonight--Yum, yum! The King Kone is just down from my hospital and it is so tempting to get ice cream on my way home.


Now this next place is one of my favorites because it makes me laugh. This has been my favorite intersection in town since we moved here. As I was driving through our residential neighborhood on my way to work, I saw this sight. Right in the middle of the neighborhood are these two newspaper stands. The thing that kills me is that if you can see the street behind them, you'll see that it is a dead end! I'm not sure who's bright idea it was to put these stands in a neighborhood on a dead end street, but maybe they know something I don't know. Or maybe they just knew I needed something to smile about as I drove by.

1 comment:

  1. The ice cream sounds great! Soft serve is the best. Sounds like you are learning your way around your new home. Continued prayers being sent your way. Miss you guys bunches. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete