Thursday, April 8, 2010

First day in a new Hospital

I started my new job today. It went pretty well. All day long, the other nurses were saying what a day it was and how rough this floor is. WHATEVER! Apparently they've never worked on a floor like I worked. I'm sure they have bad days too, but the call light didn't go off ALL DAY like it would in 30 minutes back home. The things they were complaining about, I thought nothing of. I'm choosing to have a positive attitude about this floor regardless of what they say.
Thank you for praying for my first day.

In church news, Dave and Mike meet with Tim Wicker, the church planting strategist for Arkansas Baptists. Pray for safe travel but also an effective meeting.

Nothing much else to tell. Just know that God is blessing us right when we need it. He is SOOO good.

Stay tuned and stay in touch.
Lad

4 comments:

  1. I'm shocked that they put you on the floor after only one day of orientation. I've NEVER had that happen. Always have had at least 3 days of classroom orientation 1st. Well, they do things differently everywhere now. Do you have a preceptor? Are you considered "in orientation" for a certain period of time?
    Give Dave a hug for me. Dave, hug Lad back for me. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy and I are really excited to hear that all is going well with you guys. We are praying that God will do a mighty work through you guys in Hot Springs. In our thoughts and prayers daily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. Darron I just wanted to say welcome to Hot Springs. Cinnamon said you had made it to town. We would love a chance to get together with you guys and share some things we love about this town and the opportunity hear your prayer needs and lift those up. And I'm curious which hosptial...Please give me a call or email me soon. Kristie Davis 501-627-2088 or drrndavis@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darron and I - should probably proof-read before I post. LOL Kristie

    ReplyDelete