Saturday, June 26, 2010

God's Amazing Timing

Today stunk. My attitude was pitiful and nothing suited me all day. I didn't want to have to work today and had volunteered to be overstaffed if the hospital census was low--and they overstaffed someone else!!!! I felt so slighted--and I dwelled on it all day. I'm serious about my attitude being sorry. The bad part was, it would've been a good day at work, if I'd just gotten over my selfishness and moved on. I did get off early and I am thankful for that, but I still have to get past this little disappointment before tomorrow morning (when I go back to work).
I got home this afternoon and checked Facebook (doesn't everyone do that when they get home every day?) and there was a message from a girl I went to high school with. I saw her name and it immediately took me back to my senior year....

**this is me reminiscing**

I remember our guidance counselor asked me to talk to this girl and to try and share the Gospel with her. I'm not sure what all she was into in high school, but she ran with a rough crowd and was seriously in danger of making nothing productive of her life. She and I had been friends in middle school, but rarely saw each other in high school. But my counselor thought it would be in her best interest to hear from me. So, she gave us her office one morning and I told this girl that I thought she could make more of herself than she thought. I remember very specifically sharing the Gospel with her. She didn't have any intention of accepting Christ at that point, but I promised to pray for her.

So today I got a message from her. She told me thank you for praying for her and told me that she wasn't saved back in high school, but is now. She is married and has 6 beautiful children.
I was humbled by that message. I can't believe she even remembers me, much less thought to write me and let me know what became of her.

God really is in the business of restoring lives! He reminded me of it through that one little Facebook message. What a great reminder to keep praying for restoration in people's lives. No one is "too far gone" for God's restoration. His word is true when He says He came to seek and save the lost! Praise God the lost are still being saved!

No comments:

Post a Comment